The Gym Mix
Right now I’m listening to “Steven’s Last Night in Town” by Ben Folds Five. This song is hella catchy. Props to Berg for reintroducing me to them.
I made this sweet mix CD just for the gym. It’s about half an hour long, because that’s how long I do cardio on the elliptical machines, and then a few minutes for warm-down. All the songs have a really fast beat to keep you pumped up (I go at 200 strides per minute, on average).
- “Nitro (Youth Energy)” by Offspring (2:28)
- “Starry-Eyed Suprise” by Paul Oakenfold (3:48) These first two songs are super-fast, so you’ll find yourself going about 215 strides/min. Now we’ll settle and lock it in at 200.
- “Brand New Colony” by The Postal Service (4:12)
- “Sleeping In” by The Postal Service (4:21)
- “Souljacker, Part 1” by The Eels (3:15)
- “Hey Ma” by Cam’ron (3:43) All right, now let’s pick it up for the home stretch.
- “Girl-Boy Song” by Aphex Twin (4:47)
- “Vordhosbn” by Aphex Twin (4:51) And you’re done. Yeah, I think that girl did just check you out. Or maybe she was starring because you’re sweaty and gross. Want a little warm-down?
- “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight” by The Postal Service (4:44)