Lessons learned from failures with
Lessons learned from failures with women:
- Never kiss on the first date. Err on the side of moving too slowly.
- "Trying too hard" is not a death sentence.
- Be yourself. It is ok (and inevitable) to seem "weird" in some sense. Trying to act normal is trying to act mediocre. And there is no such thing as a normal relationship.
- Don't exaggerate reality.
- Don't overanalyze reality. If you're overanalyzing, it means you're not attracted to the person, but rather the idea of a relationship, and the person is merely a vehicle for a relationship.
- Openess and honesty are good, but so is mysteriousness. Maintain a balance.
- Spontaneity and steadiness are both good. Maintain a balance.
- Physical attraction is important, but is irrelavent without personal attraction.
- Everyone has quirks. Admire them, don't be annoyed by them.
- Truth is a nebulous thing. It is dangerous when it takes the form of brutal. Choose your words so that it doesn't seem brutal.
- Maintaining a functional relationship with ex-girlfriends is invaluable.
- Be prepared to find yourself in a paradoxical or no-win situation. Be prepared to find yourself in situations where you don't know how to act. In these cases, be considerate and be yourself.